15 January 2017

Too much too young

Still keeping up my running streak: every day this year, so far, although some of the runs have been rather short. But if I have running shoes on my feet, and at some point in each stride both feet are off the ground, it's running, isn't it? Yesterday another Didcot Parkrun, and Jean-Luc led me to a time a whole minute faster than last week - for him as well as for me. When I found myself on his shoulder, at about two-and-a-half miles, something clicked and made me up my pace until I was past him and comfortably ahead. Unfortunately whatever happened at that point didn't happen again at about the three mile point, when he had a similar experience and came blasting past at a pace I couldn't begin to match, even with the finish line in sight.

Today the same distance, tediously, round the playing fields - nine times. It keeps me fit and feeling reasonably good - which is a worthwhile end in itself. And maybe there will be more time to take off my time next Saturday morning - although due to other commitments I think I might be giving it a miss, and getting in my run somewhere else.


No comments: