30 March 2016

Something better change

If you've been waiting to read something new here, my apologies. I broke my left arm, skiing, three weeks ago. As far as this blog is concerned, that has two implications: first, typing with only one hand is extremely tedious and slow, and secondly I have no running to write about.

The French doctor who saw it shortly after the injury said I must keep my arm immobilised for 4 to 6 weeks. The doctor at the hospital in Oxford who saw it some 10 days later told me that his French colleagues tended to be rather conservative, and that English practice to get me moving it. I hope it won't be much longer as I am becoming bored with having it in a sling.

2 comments:

AnnaG said...

I'm sorry to hear that and hope your arm heals soon!

Peter Groves said...

Thanks - me too! I hope all's well with you!