03 January 2014

Janathon: Dark Star

It's a great deal easier to fit in a run when the days are long. My plans for today went awry when Sarah's plane was delayed with an electrical fault at Toronto, so instead of completing the collection from Heathrow before the working day had really started I picked her up at midday, and missed the chance to run before I set off - partly because of appalling weather. A hailstorm turned the landscape white shortly before I left home, and the A34 was moving at a crawling pace because of the ice on the carriageway.

So Lucy and I settled, again, for three laps of the playing fields. A poor sort of run - ten is really the minimum - but it was getting dark and rabbits have been busy there, so it would be easy to sustain a nasty injury: and it's cold enough for my asthma to be a problem. 1.25 miles to add to the total.



With Duane Allman and Peter Green

No comments: