08 March 2013

Song for insane times

Yesterday's running felt good: light and easy, although I have to admit that it wasn't fast. Today I ran about a mile to the station after dropping off the car to have a new exhaust fitted, and it also felt good, although it was a supremely uninspiring route. Then, after a day's work in London, I ran back from the City to Paddington - a run I haven't done for a long time. And, after a reluctant start, I found it remarkably easy too. 9:42 pace isn't exactly pushing it, but to get from the office to Paddington in 52½ minutes is respectable, in my world at least. Running in London is rarely very fast, although after the Micky Mouse section through the City the run along the Embankment, then through Horseguards, St James's Park, Green Park and Hyde Park (except for Hyde Park Corner) is pretty good uninterrupted running.

Along the Embankment, on a wet March evening, I was passed by a beautiful Ferrari Dino - an exquisite moment, but if I were a Dino owner I don't think I'd be exposing it to that sort of risk. But then, what would be the point of owning it?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: