17 March 2012

Waiting for the sun

Yesterday I planned a long run, if I could get away from the exigencies of work for an hour or so. Then I had a better idea: after reading a piece in RW about the benefits of twice-daily training sessions, I'd fit in a longish run and then some of Rachael's Repeats up and down the road to Upper Farm. But not until the weather looks a bit nicer, I thought - and it never did. The weather forecast has been wildly inaccurate these past couple of days.

I thought about an early morning run today, but it was raining when I got up, so no doubling-up training sessions today either. But I did get out at about 1 o'clock, and did 7.14 miles, so I could recalculate my weekly mileage by deducting 3.1 and adding today's distance. I'll do the same tomorrow - but will have to do about 20 miles to boost the total mileage to the desired level. It is, however, quite possible. Let's see.

No comments: