06 March 2012

Seems like a long time

This evening's club run felt sweeter because it's been such a long time since I had such a satisfying one. A new pair of Mizuno Wave Riders helped: you only get to run the first time in a new pair of shoes once, and I when they arrived in the post today I knew I would have to get a few miles on the virtual clock before Sunday. I chose the long route - not the extra long one - so I would complete a Murakami today, as I did yesterday and will do again tomorrow, all being well. I need to prove to myself that I can complete a half-Marathon, and on today's performance I think I should be OK. It won't be fast and it won't be pretty, but I will get it done - and feel good when I have, and - I hope - while I am doing it.

I don't think I'll be running in minimalist footwear on Sunday, though. I'm hoping that Achilles and his close neighbours will tolerate 5K on Saturday morning with my huaraches.


No comments: