21 January 2010

Positive Vibrations

I disembarked from the Oxford Tube at Holland Park this morning, having dressed in my running gear and spent the coach journey from Oxford listening to Karno's 50 Marathons, 50 states, 50 days audiobook - which is exactly as inspirational as you might hope. It was cool in London, so I pulled on hat and gloves before crossing the road to Kensington Gardens and starting my watch.

I didn't set any records, but Mr Garmin tells me I averaged 8:38 for 6.17 miles. I did pause the timer when I had to stop, but that's not cheating ... Arrived a bit sweaty (carrying gloves and hat, which I removed on the Embankment), but very, very satisfied with an uplifting performance. I'll soon be putting together my own list of 50 Marathons - well, perhaps one day.

No comments: