08 January 2010

January Song (again)

I've lit the fire in the sitting room, and closed the curtains on a cold, snow-covered, runner-unfriendly world outside. I spent an hour feeding horses and mucking out this morning, which would have eaten up the time for running anyway. Some people sugest that it's OK to run in snow - not sure that they mean snow as deep as we have at present, though - while others warn of Achilles damage, which I certainly don't want. One Warrior type on a Runner's World forum helpfully suggested that if you want to run badly enough you'll find a way to do it. I don't think I can quite subscribe to that view - but might have a go tomorrow. Perhaps this is the time to buy some trail shoes or even cross-country spikes: I haven't been able to find a supplier of snowshoes anywhere handy.

If there's a chance of a repeat of weather like this, cross-country skis would be a sound idea - or maybe I should go for a treadmill, or gym membership?

No comments: