24 January 2009

One of these Days

On Thursday we had a meeting of the trustees of the charity that cannot mention its name (for trade mark reasons).  We met in Le Pain Quotedien in Great Marlboroough Street, which merits a recommendation here, and afterwards I made my way to Oxford Circus tube station.  An approved busker was singing a song with a familiar refrain which I caught as I approached, and as I passed him I realised it was San Tropez (sic) from Pink Floyd's 1971 album, Meddle.

Of course, I went back and dropped a coin into his guitar case.  Being presented with an excerpt from the soundtrack of my life deserves payment.  I wonder whether anyone else recognised the piece?

1 comment:

maraman said...

I was lucky enough to get to see pink floyd perform that piece at Knebworth many years ago and I'll never forget it.