10 December 2007

The Times They Are A'Changing

Corny title, of course, and close to what First Great Western used to announce the timetable change, though they should have engage a Dylan scholar to get it right. As I'm not 100 per cent confident that I have quoted the title accurately, though, I won't go on about it.

How chaotic the introduction of the new timetable was, I can't tell, because I jumped straight onto a train and left Didcot. The fact that it was the 0541, running about 90 minutes late, does however indicate that not all was right, and the screens seemed (at a glance) to tell a sorry tale of cancellations and delays.

There are several passengers already on board the 0541, which started from Bristol Temple Meads. That's about an hour from Didcot, so they must have been travelling since about four-thirty. I'd ask, but they all seem to be fast asleep.

1 comment:

rach_e said...

Hope things sort themselves out soon! I'm gutted that there are now NO trains to London from Newbury between 7:12 and 7:47.